SV: SV: [WT-support] some things about win-test during SAC CW

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Sep 19 12:02:03 CEST 2006

Hi again

Teemu a écrit :

> But how do you explain that I can visually see that the speed is varying on
> the speed indicator in the software while transmitting? Ex. Jumping between
> 38 and 44 WPM.

The current version indicates the "current" speed. It means that if the
message is :

CQ +++TEST---  (initial speed = 30 WPM)

the indicator displays 30, up to the first the + burst, then 34, 38, 42,
send TEST (@ 42 WPM) and, after the first -, displays 38, 34, and
finally 30.

The next released version will *not* display these speed variations (1/
because it is not really useful... 2/ because CPU cycles are wasted for
that).

Reminder : I'm *only* talking abt the internal keyer (not WinKey).

73

Larry