[WT-support] Some notes about latest WT version

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Mon Sep 18 13:02:14 CEST 2006

Hi OM's!

I had great fun once again in SAC CW while playing around with WT and making
some Q's. Here's some observations I made about WT:

1: CW speed and bursts:
- No problem with CW speed any more while using - and + marks in messages!
Great job, TNX!

- But now the problem is that if I use ESC key to abort the message,
the burst speed
remains and with SO2R when you're not listening your own monitor, CW
speed messed up quite badly sometimes. I'd notice that nice pileup was gone and
wondered why when saw that I was sending with speed of 56 WPM...
Would it be possible that CW speed set up with ALT- V would remain as a default
and after using ESC key and at the begging of messages the default speed would
be checked and fixed if needed. This speed thing happened quite often
to me (like 3-6
times every hour) and was a real pain in my...  ;)

2: Autosending:
- What Tonno did mention about / mark is excellent idea and should
work also in WT
as it does in TRLog. Now longer call sings are quite challenging with
autosending
(like OH0/OH2JTE/P)

- I did notice that autosending starts sending no matter in which
order you type the call.
Like if I copy MZN in the pileup and write it down and the go back to
the prefix and start
with F, WT will start sending before typing the rest of the prefix.
This mixed up callsings
some time if the fist letter of the call was very short (like E). Can
this be made so that autosending is automaticly disabled if you go
back in the call sing window? (This is
how it's working at least in TRLog).

- If I hit INS-key for a mistake while I have autosending turned on,
the report is played
twice. Can this be programmed so that if autosend is turned on, the
second command
for INS is ignored. And INS will work again if you first stop
autosending with ESC -key or
if the INS message is already completely played (like in cases when
you have to come
again to someone who missed my answer).

73 de Toni, OH2UA (@OH2BH in SAC 2006)