[WT-support] Responding to Spots with QSX in Comments Field

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 01:53:48 CEST 2006

I've been setting up a M/M who is switching from CT-DOS to Win-Test.  In the
process, I've been testing lots of features to ensure that Win-Test responds
the same as CT-DOS / CT-Win to Key Commands.

When operating on 40 or 80M Phone, US Stations are usually responding to the
"Listening on 7.xxx Indicated by the DX Station in his CQ."

When a DX Station is operating Split, we enter Spots like the following
example:

DX F6BEE 7080 QSX 7234

When a Spot with a "QSX Frequency" is selected in CT, VFO-A of a IC-781 or
IC-7800 would be set to 7080, VFO-B would be set to 7234, and the XCVR would
be place in SPLIT Mode.

I just tested this with Win-Test:

1)     VFO-A was set to 7080

2)     VFO-B was not changed

3)     The XCVR was not place in SPLIT Mode

Win-Test does not seem to respond to the presence of a "QSX <Frequency>"
place in the COMMENTS Field.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this something that needs to be added??

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX