[WT-support] CI-V and IC-781

Matthias Jelen Matthias.Jelen at gmx.de
Tue Sep 5 11:42:54 CEST 2006

Hello,

my father made some further experiments with different ICOM - radios.
Although it may be a bit late, as you have a working solution now, we wanted to let you know the results:

WT Version 3.2
IC765 transceive off 9600bd: good
IC781 transceive off 9600bd: bad (unsteady)
IC781 transceive off 4800bd: good

WT Version 2.5.2
IC765		transceive off:	9600bd	good
IC781		transceive off:	9600bd	no control possible
IC781		transceive on:	9600bd	no control possible

He didn´t suceed to do tests with v. 2.0.6

So the 781 seems to perform better at a lower speed for any reason.

He also noticed that he wasn´t able to use the 781 as Icom Generic with the correct adress in the WT.ini. Also using any other Icom radio preset (e.g. IC-706) and changing the address at the 781 to match the 706´s address didn´t work. Is there something else execpt from the CI-V adress changed when IC-781 is selected?

Thanks for your efforts!

73s,

Matthias, DK4YJ