[WT-support] WT and CQWW !

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Oct 23 22:45:11 CEST 2006

Hi

Dave Sharred a écrit :

> I was just playing with WT; and the check partial database (standard one
> that came with the release).
>
> USA calls do not prefill with zones.  Should they; is it in a database file
> ?
>
> I entered VK6HD ; came up with Z30 (OK); and then a VK3 or 2 call. These
> only come up with Z30.  Is there a data file that gets this right from the
> call sign ??!!
>
> I have just taken the K5ZD files, so will be trying again now.....

1/ The CheckPartial files (K5ZD SCP or whatever) DO NOT have any
relation with the guessed exchange !

2/ The DTB (DaTaBase) are used to guess zones, *if* the callsign are in
the file.

3/ If not, WT uses the CTY*.DAT file. You can choose which to use in the
Options / Data files / Country files... dialog.

PS : Now QRT - Will fly to FY tomorrow morning - Have fun in the CQWW !