[WT-support] Fwd: Announcing getscores.org: A Live Logging Portal

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Oct 15 09:47:13 CEST 2006

Hi Gerry

Gerry Hull a écrit :

> We have had a tremendous positive response from the users of N1MM, due
> to the availability of a client which automatically posts scores to the
> site using the public domain xml format specified by WA7BNM.
>
> I have put significant effort into building this site, and I'd like to
> see lots of contesters reporting their live scores this season.  To that
> end, I want to ensure users of Win-Test can participate.

I had a look to your server implementation and it looks very promising.
As you say, its success will be a question of motivation from
contesters. Anyway, great job !

> Further, I am a software engineer -- and so I immediately looked for a
> way to get score posting information from your application.   I was
> pleased to read the documentation of your SUMMARY information frames.
> However, I never see these frames being sent across the network?  Is
> their some special configuration to enable them?  I've turned on the
> checkbox in configuration, but still not seeing them.   What is the issue?

1/ You must have enabled the network in the setup dialog (ethernet
groupbox) with adapted parameters. This will ensure network frames (UDP)
to be sent.

2/ You must check the "time master" checkbox in the contest config.
dialog - this machine only will send score data in a networked environment.

3/ You must set the repeat time of the data sending by right clicking in
the summary wnd (Alt-S) and choose an appropriate period.

> I'm willing to build a small application to monitor the network and
> upload the score information to the site (unless some Win-Test user is
> already doing this.)
>
> I'd like to get on this right away, so it will be ready for CQ-WW SSB at
> end end of the month.

I know Pascal F5LEN is working on such an interface, but I don't know if
it will be ready for the CQWW SSB. I will send him a private copy of
this mail for you to get in touch with him.

73

Larry - F6FVY (co-author of Win-Test with Olivier F5MZN)