[WT-support] long space after $CORRECTed call

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Mon Nov 27 21:00:22 CET 2006

Yes, also noticed at DP4N, using a W5XD box.
It seems like $CORRECT implements a space itself,
but if You write "$CORRECTTU", the variable $CORRECT
will not be recognized any more.

Is there a possibility like in unix shells to write
things like "${CORRECT}TU" ?

73s de Werner DL4NER.

--G3SJJ <g3sjj at btinternet.com> Montag, 27. November 2006 17:46 +0000:

> Yes, I noticed this at G5W.  Also didn't use  + & -.
> Chris G3SJJ
>

> Steef PA2A wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When sending a corrected call with $CORRECT enabled using the numeric
>> +, there is a longer pause between the corrected call and TU than
>> between other words, e.g. in sending CQ. The rig and amplifier relays
>> switch to RX, and TX again before the TU. I did 't use the +++ and ---
>> to change the speed.
>>
>> At 28 WPM a normal space is 0.28 sec. and between $CORRECT and TU it
>> is 0.45seconds.
>>
>> 73 's Steef

Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/