[WT-support] PACKET SPOTS

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 27 17:22:24 CET 2006

First of all, a big "thank-you" to Olivier and Laurent. Bomb-proof performance from WT over the contest weekend at G5W ! Great job, guys.

Now to the questions.

Am I alone in feeling that there could be an improvement in the way packet spots are brought to the attention of the operator ?  In a MS environment, the "Mult" station is only interested in mult spots. I know that the "list" bandmap window can be set to show mults only. But the info which is displayed at the foot of the log entry screen, shows each packet spot flying past, shows non-mults as well. In the end, the mult station operator starts to disregard this data, as most of it is irrelevant. I would like the facility to select an option that the packet data (the data in red at the foot of the log entry screen) shows only VALID MULTS. Does anyone else feel this would be a good feature ? I am interested in waking up the mult op when things are quiet (:-)

Another comment - am I imagining things or did we (in an earlier release of WT) have the facility to double right click on a spot in the bandmap, and it would put it into the sub-VFO ? This seems not to be there now. You need now to open the drop-down window, and then click on the correct line - too complex !  It would be great to have the double right click facility.

Hope everyone enjoyed the contest !

73

Don, G3BJ (and G5W)