[WT-support] Bugs and Wishes for Win-Test 3.6.2

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Mon Nov 27 13:26:02 CET 2006

Hi Olivier,
Hi Larry,

thanks for the good job on WT 3.6.2 - it worked nearly without any
problem - only small suggestions this time.

BUG:
1. Log a QSO.
2. AFTER Logging press ALT-F3 to spot this QSO
3. The QSO (the line already in the log, not the normal log
   edit line) will be cleared.
4. if you enter the callsign again there, it will be marked
   as a dupe.
5. if you enter another callsign there, you will end up having
   1 additional QSO in the Score Summary than in the log.
6. type RELOAD, everything (scoring) is back to normal.
7. if you type reload instead of fixing the "empty" qso line
   the call is back.
BUG:
1. Click on any spot in the Radio window (bandmap).
2. Check partial window and N+1 Window will NOT be
   updated.
3. press Space.
4. Check partial window and N+1 Window will NOT be
   updated.
5. Change the Call in the Call-filed.
6. SCP/N+1 Windows will get an update.
Feature Request:
The bandwith of the 7 MHz CW area in the default Bandmap is
too small - at least for CQWW-CW. I wondered, why I did not
get eny spots above 7040 into the bandmap.
After changing the bandmap and restarting WT it worked.
maybe the CW area for 7 MC should be 7000-7100, at
least in CQWW-CW :) maybe same idea for CQWW-SSB?
maybe we should point this clearly out @ docs.win-test.com.
Feature Request:
In the Contest I clicked on a spot in the bandmap.
i did not hear the spot. I turned the VFO, and found
another Call somewhere. I tried to work it.
But the Amp said: "ARC fault". Thank god it's been
an ACOM-1000 with a lot of failure checks.

After investigating I found that the TS-850 has been
set to split, RX on 40m (where I had been before) and
TX on 80m.

it has been this spot:

  7052.0  ZL3WW       26-Nov-2006 1614Z  QSX 3514.10                  <RW4AA>

I think it should not be possible to set the TRX
on Cross-Band split by clicking on a spot.
This could save the life some Amps :)
Fature Request (very low prio, but maybe a nice to have for rookies):

The Log windows shows "0" points while logging a QSO.
After pressing return it shows the QSO points for that QSO.
Could you implement showing the QSO points into the QSO line,
e.g. as (3), so that one could see how many points this qso
would count?