[WT-support] wtDX Telenet status update?

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu Nov 9 19:33:51 CET 2006

Tim Duffy K3LR wrote:
> I was curious if there has been any resolution to the problem with out going DX
> spots (ALT-F3) and other out-going communications as reported by several
> stations during CQWW Phone?
>
> Hoping for a solid fix for CQWW CW.

Hi -

I was just thinking to post a message to the mailing list on this topic!

In spite of many hours spend here, I still cannot repeat the problem. So
that I am not able to confirm that it is related to wtDxTelnet itself,
to the wtCom.DLL library, to Win-Test or to anything else.

It is even harder to engage a corrective measure, because the few people
who suffered from this problem submitted different reports:

- some reported that it was just needed to stop/restart wtDxTelnet to
temporary cure, other told that it was necessary to close the Windows
session and start with a new one (or reboot the computer);

- some reported that sending datas from wtDxTelnet itself wasn't
working, other told that it was.

It is quite hard to fix something I cannot repeat, but it is absolutely
impossible to fix anything if the reports are so different.

For now, the status of this problem is: "I cannot repeat, waiting for
additional informations".

I am thinking to add a debug option in wtDxTelnet which will trace in a
file the network traffic. That way we will perhaps be able to go up to
the problem.

Olivier / f5mzn