[WT-support] Marconi Memorial Contest

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Wed Nov 8 12:05:01 CET 2006

Hi,

>>  a) The QTH locator field has some hidden characters. As it is being
>> processed in INSERT mode, one can shift characters out to the right
>> of the field and they become visible again when deleting a character
>> in the first six positions. Maybe it's a good idea to process this
>> field in OVERWRITE mode?
>
> ===> F6HJO/P : I fully agree with this idea. Either Overwrite mode end/or
> truncate to 6 positions

I'd prefere Insert mode and truncate to 6 positions. Or better as an
option so the operator can choose his way.

maybe one gets only the last part (two letters) of the locator
and then has to INSERT the numbers... same as in Contests like
WPX where you get Numbers...

see <http://flyspray.win-test.com/?do=details&id=113>

73s de Werner DL4NER.
--