[WT-support] error importing a CABRILLO log

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Nov 6 14:41:02 CET 2006

Hi Jorge

Jorge Diez - CX6VM a écrit :

> Was the DX Pedition contest.
>
> In the N1MM cabrillo, said: "CONTEST: DX". I erase "DX" because I had an
> error importing in WT.
>
> So no way to have my DX log in WT?. I need to start from cero?

Win-Test is *not* adapted to an everyday log purpose. Mainly because it
has been developped with contesting in mind, and because "general
loggers" have much more features that we will NEVER introduce in WT
(QSLing, awards etc...).

We only provide two "DXPed" modes (HF and VHF+), to allow DXPedtionners
to enter Q like they do when contesting.

We do not import DXPed "Cabrillo" logs mainly because the Cabrillo
standard IS NOT DEFINED for this purpose. If you look to the Cabrillo
specs on the web, you will see there is no definition for this. Thus, no
import is possible. The main lack for this definition is the digital
modes, comments, and several many small details which avoid any import.