[WT-support] Partner Mode - confusion and question

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Sun Nov 5 21:33:19 CET 2006

Hi Olivier,

>> btw: we had about 1 second delay between pressing ALT-Enter, and
>> showing up that entry in the partner window of the other station.
>
> This delay is totaly abnormal. Did you noticed any delay in the QSO
> frames or GAB (ALT+G) as well? Did you lost some of them (partials
> entered by the support station never shown on the RUN station)?

yes, nearly everything with delay of one second.

> This is maybe the same problem that you have noticed with the
> slow TS-850 communication you have previously reported Werner...

strange.
but the ts-850 problem only showd up if the station was turning
vfo knob fast (e.g. from 14100 to 14350 very fast, and maybe
back to 14220).

> BTW, did you have any problems with wtDxTelnet, like K3LR and
> others reported before?

yes, same here.
we did not restart wtdxtelnet, so we could only use dxcluster
in "rx-mode".

>> I could not reproduce that effect at home, here I cannot observe
>> any delay. If the delay has not occured anywhere else, then I guess
>> that it has to be a problem with our wireless setup with access
>> point - at home there is 100Mbit so no problem.
>
> I can believe that a wireless setup can introduce any delays.
> My guess is that WT was running slowly, for any reason. I'm
> afraid that it is totaly impossible for me to fix anything
> as soon as we haven't understood exactly what happened.

well, WT did NOT run slowly - pressing ESC/F1/F2/F3 for triggering
the TS-850-DRU and all other functions in the program (popup windows,
check partial, everything) did respond as usual.

> BTW, did you have the LOG synchronisation enabled?

yes we had.

> Did you try to disable it?

no we did not.
But one Laptop did not have synchronisation enabled, and
this laptop did miss some QSOs. As we discovered this (around
sunday noon) we enabled synchronisation.

73s de Werner DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/