[WT-support] Partner Mode - confusion and question

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Nov 5 18:10:01 CET 2006

Werner Maier wrote about the Partner Window:

> btw: we had about 1 second delay between pressing ALT-Enter, and
> showing up that entry in the partner window of the other station.
>
> did anybody else observe a delay here?

This delay is totaly abnormal. Did you noticed any delay in the QSO
frames or GAB (ALT+G) as well? Did you lost some of them (partials
entered by the support station never shown on the RUN station)?

This is maybe the same problem that you have noticed with the slow
TS-850 communication you have previously reported Werner...

BTW, did you have any problems with wtDxTelnet, like K3LR and others
reported before?

> I could not reproduce that effect at home, here I cannot observe
> any delay. If the delay has not occured anywhere else, then I guess
> that it has to be a problem with our wireless setup with access
> point - at home there is 100Mbit so no problem.

I can believe that a wireless setup can introduce any delays. My guess
is that WT was running slowly, for any reason. I'm afraid that it is
totaly impossible for me to fix anything as soon as we haven't
understood exactly what happened.

BTW, did you have the LOG synchronisation enabled? Did you try to
disable it?

Note for everybody: if you can repeat this problem, please open the task
manager and watch for the CPU usage, especially for the "wt.exe"
process. It would be rather low (less than 5 percents). Also, take a
look to the Network usage, which would be around 0% ;)

Tks and 73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn