[WT-support] switching wt.ini

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wintest at dl6rai.muc.de
Sat Nov 4 12:06:26 CET 2006

Hello WT-Team:

Just about every contest I find myself having to enter my name,
address, QTH locator, change F-key settings, arrange windows etc. again
when setting up the contest configuration, the reason being that
several operators use that computer - sometimes with their individual
callsign, sometimes with a club callsign.

My YL also uses our notebook occasionally and every time I start a
new contest, I have to edit these things again. The same thing happens
when I take my notebook out to the field day. We use a specific setup
there, different from what I have at home. Yet another situation comes
up when I take my notebook to DL5MAE's QTH to operate a VHF contest.

Since all this information is stored in wt.ini, I thought about
creating different wt.ini files for these environments and that works
just as expected. However, I have to remember to rename the correct
ini file to wt.ini so that it gets used.

Now... if WT could be started with a command line parameter to select
a specific ini file, I could simply create two or three icons on
my desktop and have each of them come up with a different initial
configuration.

- The first one would start up wt.exe with the default wt.ini.
- The second one would start up wt.exe with the field day wt_fd.ini.
- The third one would start up wt.exe with the YL preferences wt_yl.ini.
- etc. etc.

What do you think about that idea?

73 Ben, DL6RAI