[WT-support] slow TS-850 CAT

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Nov 2 22:53:50 CET 2006

Hi

Karel Karmasin a écrit :

> It looks like some timing problem - sometimes the screen became white.

Do you mean the *entire* screen of your PC ???

> Sometimes tcvr could not be tuned from any window (spot or bandmap) or tuned
> with some delay. Also writing down the call was delayed, sometimes some
> second, when typed letter appeared on the screen. Maybe slow CPU - I have
> used PIII on 600 MHz.

I really doubt this can be PC-related.

FYI, at FY5KE we had 5 Pentium II - 300 MHz - 64 MB RAM (it's not a
typo...) with an attached TS 850 to each of them, *all* connected to a
central WtDxTelnet located on a specialized gateway PC. I guess we
entered much many callsigns in these machines than you did in the
week-end (our claimed score will be public very soon).

FYI too, we do not (need to) run any antivirus nor firewall on these
machines under Win98. Do you ?

We do use the automatic exchange filling and the most auto-updating
windows we can because we are too lazy ;-)

Pse check if you don't have other (hidden) background time-consuming
process which could slow down the TRX thread to this point ?

[FR] Quoter correctement : http://multiples.free.fr/tech/quoter.html
[EN] Of proper quoting : http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html
[DE] Wie zitiere ich : http://learn.to/quote/
[DU] Hoe te quoten : http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/