[WT-support] RTTY

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon May 1 11:24:04 CEST 2006

HRS I4UFH wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Aproaching the multimode ARI contest in two weeks, we had tested and
> configured every thing in WT, using MMTTY as RTTY engine in a separate
> windows.
> The problem is that when we switch mode in WT from SSB or CW to RTTY the
> radio don't change mode, SSB is always selected, so we need to set RTTY
> manually on the Radio.
>
> Is there a planned upgrade to at least select the right mode in the Radio
> when is selected in WT ?? Now we need to change mode in WT AND press the
> RTTY button on the radio, obviously this is not the best way when DXSpot
> integration is needed.

Ciao Fabio,

RTTY was not managed by WT with the Icom radios. I've include this
support in my devel trunk. It works with my old IC-706. I have used the
following configuration:

SSB	00h (LSB)
	01h (USB)
CW	03h
RTTY	04h
FM	05h

Attention to the Icom owners: is this configuration OK for your radios?

73 de Olivier / f5mzn