[WT-support] WPX Observations

Marko Holmavuo marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Mon Mar 27 18:04:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

I was using Win-test during WPX again. Nice experience again. Thanks for
the WT team!
I made couple of observations:

Issue 1:
If you work split and put B-radio RX on e.g 7162 (A-vfo) and TX 7040
(b-vfo). When going to activate B-radio with *-key vfos was swapped just
opposite so that B vfo was 7162 and A vfo was 7040.
I was using two ft1000mp radios and ez-master. Anyone observed this?

Issue 2:
When using scenarios: Start TX to radio A. Audio will be switched  to
radio B. Hit ESC to cancel transmission. Audio will stay on B radio
instead of getting back Radio A.

This happened in such case that someone answered for me (radio A) before
I realized that and already pressed F1 key. When I understood that
someone called me, I pressed ESC button and the RX was in radio B. What
I was hoping was that when pressing ESC during transmission I got my RX
A on my ears again. Instead of that It was RX B

I just thought that would it be working principle that if stopping
message with ESC RX will be focused to that radio which was sending
before starting new message.

I was using ezmaster in advanced mode.

Issue 3:
Problems with latch mode. What I would like to have is that when using
scenarios I would always have latch enabled so that when using
footswitch to start Radio A TX, my RX will be switched to radio B.

Select both or secondary from secondory radio window. Activate Latch
mode. Activate Primary again. Latch mode will be disabled...? Should
this really be this way? Now Latch mode is more or less "non-automatic"
because it is quite often disabled automatically.

Would it be also possible that when user selects latch-mode from 2nd
radio window it is not resetted with normal $reset function?

73 Marko OH4JFN