[WT-support] TS950 and CW

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Mar 18 15:53:13 CET 2006

Ulf, DL5AXX wrote:
> Hello evereybody,
>
> 1. We even wanted to setup a computer for the Russian Dx contest, but
> encountered some problems with CW in combination with the radio control.
> Every time the computer polls the TS950, the CW get scrambled. If we disable
> the radio control the CW is ok.
> We also tried to control the radio with one computer and make the logging
> and CW-generation on another networked computer; but still the same problem.

I've told that some old TS950 need a FIRMWARE update to avoid problem on
SSB and CW when polled by a logging software. You should try with
another software and tell me if the problem is still existing. I guess
it should.

> 2. Does the SSB-voicekeyer-function supports virtual soundcards (external
> USB to audio converter)?

Yes, it can support, *but* there is no way for the present time to
select which sound card is used when there is more than one available in
the computer. WT always uses the first one available. I don't if Windows
has a way to modify that order.

73 de Olivier / f5mzn