[WT-support] New Computer: Win-Test crashes

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Mar 11 12:12:14 CET 2006

Büttner wrote:
> Hello Laurent:
>
> Thanks for your fast reply.
>
> 1) the interfaces configuration is empty. No COM settings, no LPT, no
> radio, no network.
> 2) the setup window closes, the databases and the QSO data is loaded,
> the windows come up and at then the crash message pops up. I have
> attached a screen shot so you can see.
> 3) DLPORTIO.SYS is loaded
> 4) Yes, I have admin rights on this machine.
>
> There was a personal note from Dominik, HB9CZF, sent to me
> privately: Firewall is disabled on this system. But there is on-access
> virus checking enabled (Sophos). However, nothing changed here lately.
>
> So, I hope it's nothing silly on my side, hi...

There is a known bug in the internal voice keyer of WT wich gets it
sometimes unstable, especially new fast computers.

I've got a Celeron 2.93 GHz here as developing station, and times to
times I also get WT crashing myself.

To highlight if the problem is the same, please try to open the
"interface configuration" window then click OK. Do it several times and
let me know if WT is crashing then.

Olivier / f5mzn