[WT-support] W5XD Keyer with WT

Nick Lekic ve3ey at rogers.com
Sun Mar 5 11:16:15 CET 2006

Hi George

W5XD keyer works OK here in SO2R mode using two FT1000MPs.

I use the following settings:
W5XD keyer selected on COM1:   4800 8-N-2 CW PTT
DTR / Pin4   - PTT
RTS / Pin7 - CW
Active with both radios option selected

Obviously, Kenwood radios will use different port setting for CAT
control, but CW and PTT should work ok.
I am using the keyer in 'simple' SO2R mode but I personally prefer using
'Secondary Radio' window (Windows/Secondary Radio) instead of 'Alt-Gr'
to input QSOs on the 2nd radio.

Nick, ve3ey