[WT-support] Hooks for sending Wintest logs to a webpage

Chris Jewell c.jewell at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 00:13:18 CET 2006

Hi,

I am beginning to draw up plans to write some software (probably Python
scripts) to display our group's contest logs in real time on our
website.  I was wondering if the WinTest authors might disclose some
developer information to enable me to either write a script to read the
log file (which is of course a binary file), or to be able to pick up
the log records as they come in from WinTest.  My ideal scenario would
be to use hooks in the WinTest code to pipe the evolving records (or
delete commands) down a TCP/IP link to a backend database which would
then be used in conjunction with the webserver.

If it is possible to give me more information, I would be very grateful.
  Perhaps a more direct discussion with the developers?  This is a
project that I have been meaning to attempt for a while with some
home-made logging software, but since our group has taken to WinTest, I
am focussing more on this as the front-end logging program.

Thanks,

Chris Jewell, M0DWK