[WT-support] Type ahead window

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Wed Jun 14 01:07:52 CEST 2006

Hi Larry,

thank's for Your response.

>> if I hit "INSERT" after typing DL4 into the callsign field, win-test
>> starts CW,
>> and while giving "DL4" I type "NER", but win-test sometimes won't send
>> "NER".
>
> I just tried at 12 WPM (to be sure !), with the internal keyer,
> and it perfectly works for me. It means that, even if you type "NER"
> while WT is transmitting the "4" of "DL4", the complete call is always sent.

Maybe the problem is at higher speeds than 12 WPM. Could You try 26-30 WPM?

> It may be a specific problem of the W5XD keyer.

Of Course that's possible - I don't blame win-test for it.
But it seems to me that win-test just would not look for more
letters after starting the cw output. (just an observation by
me as a user). Of Course it could be a specific problem with
the w5xd-box, but it is working fine, so why change :)

> Note that W5XD *never* replied to our request on the
> specifications of the data protocol he uses, to adapt it to WT.

I've read that before. And it is a great pity :(

Werner.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/