[WT-support] Networking problem & others

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Jun 8 09:28:19 CEST 2006

Hi Hamad

9K2HN a écrit :

>    Yesterday I was doing some early test for IARU contest in my qth, I
> found out that the the wintest network will not work in two different
> operating systems in my case was winxp pro and win2k. Is this true? or
> I'm doing some thing wrong?

You can mix operating systems in a WT network. No special requirement on
this.

Check personnal and integrated firewalling on both computers. You must
be able to send and receive UDP frames on the 9871 port (which is the
default port). Also, check the two computers are on the same
sub-network, and the broadcast address in the configuration dialog is
correctly set (and equal).

> Part 2:
>
>    In the coming IARU contest we will be signing 9K9HQ from my qth same
> as last year. is there a need to purchase another licence or is it
> possible to use my current one?

No need to purchase another licence. The licence is given on a person
basis, not on a callsign basis. It means you can use your WT licence
with *your own* different callsigns and on *your own* different computers.