[WT-support] "after-contest" impressions from a newcomer

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at lhv.ee
Mon Jul 31 23:55:49 CEST 2006

Hi, I have also mentioned that. In TR you can conviniently pick a call from Possible Calls list that emerges after typing two characters. Usually you can fill the whole callsign field with just a push of a designated button. That comes very handy also in pile-ups especially with longer calls with /-s, etc. Also makes S&P faster. It would be really great if we could do it the same way in WT - there would be one call in Check Partial window highlighted and you can bring it to Callsign Window with a shortcut key. Mouseclick would be not as good but also very welcome. And you could move the highlight somehow with two other shortcut keys. With mouseclick those are not needed of course and would be easier for start.

The feature would be even more usualbe with having separate window for possible calls that are only taken from LOG.(I know Partials can be configured so but we need SCP as well) That way the probablility of hitting the right call gets very high.

73
es5tv

> - Having to press ctrl-enter to enter a call in bandmap is a waste of
> time - a QSY should automaticaly enter the call in bandmap and wipe the entry field.
> Furthermore  calls cannot be transferred by mouse click from the
> "check partial" window to entry window, which slows down the S&P process.

Can you elaborate ? I don't see the connection between the check partial window and the log entry field ??? In what case would it be useful (I mean _really_ useful) and faster than typing ?

73

Laurent