[WT-support] IOTA files and a BUG (or feature?)!

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jul 26 11:58:09 CEST 2006

Hi all

Bob I.2.WIJ a écrit :

> the IOTA.DAT contains the mapping from the iota ref
> number to the name of the island and has been UPDATED
> with all the new and /Provisional ref. as per the IOTA
> official web site.
> YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE IOTA.DAT FILE
> in the win-test directory.

Definitely. Actually, the IOTA.DAT file is used :

1/ To validate the Island ref entered in the log field. If you enter a
ref (ex AS456) which is *not* in the IOTA.DAT list, it will be accepted
(by default, WT is very permissive on entered data, to avoid stupid
locks), *but* this Island will be tagged as "unknown" with the ? char.

2/ To display the island name in the F10 wnd.

> Now THE BUG (or a feature??).
> if you install the IOTA.DTB then win-test,
> ONLY read that one, and forgot the HF.DTB,
> so the check partial only works with the few
> IOTA calls in the IOTA.DTB file.

The IOTA.DTB *only* contains past and announced IOTA activities.

If you're adventurous, you can merge the HF.DTB and the IOTA.DTB in a
new IOTA.DTB : This way, it will include both data.

You can easily do it with the copy DOS command

copy /b HF.DTB + IOTA.DTB IOTA.DTB

(From the top of my head - not tested - See copy /? for more informations)

Of course, you're invited to save your current files before acting, just
in case of disaster !

Note : You're on your own. There is no support for this...