[WT-support] Problem in xp computer.

David Quental ct1drb at iol.pt
Fri Jul 14 11:23:42 CEST 2006

Hello to all.

We, at GPDX, are preparing all stuff for the IOTA2006, I must care about
software and computers.

Yesterday I configured a small network with 2 computers:
1 as STN1 with Windows XP and another one, as STN2, with Windows 98.

Aparently is all fine except that from STN2 to STN1 I have no problem to
send small grabs and all contacts that I do, but from STN1 to STN2 there
are no communications. Even if I set in STN1 to send time through
network it does not work, but if I set it on STN2 it sends time to STN1.

If I do a ping from STN1, outside WT, to STN1 it works, the same from
STN2 to STN1.

I thought maybe a cable problem, but I exchanged connectors from one
computer to another computer and problem remains:
from STN2 to STN1 no problems, but from STN1 to STN2 no communications.

Hope someone could help me.

Best regards and 73s

CT1DRB
David Quental