[WT-support] SO2R

José Nunes CT1BOH ct1boh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:43:39 CEST 2006

I believe the footswitch solution is only available with EZmaster.

The Shift solution  and the footswitch are different solutions.

Personally I prefer and think the Shift solution is the BEST overall
solution for a very intensive SO2R practice, having tested many different
solution throughou the years.

Last year CQWW CW from CT3EN I remember several times writing two calls
signs into radio 1 and radio 2 " at about the same time", with Radio1
running a pile-up; and radio 2 constantly looking for mults, with WT in SO2R
Advanced mode and EZmaster controling R1R2 earphone audio automatically
according to the moment of the QSO.

Example:
Radio 1 SM3 (did not get a full call because of pile-up)
radio2 SHIFT VK9 (copy the call in radio 2 during sending report to SM3 in
radio 1)
Radio 1 ERT (get rest of the SM3 call) and rsame time see the result of
check that VK9 Multuiplier [already worked, or needed])
etc.

If you want to scan a band with radio 2 very quickly there is a lot of
writing (calls): into radio 2 field, and not messing with radio1 run calls,
and to do this jumping from radio 1 and radio 2.

The question is write calls in radio 1, check call in radio 2 while being on
the move very quickly on radio 2, checking several spots in a band, in order
to be able to scan at least 40 to 50 calls in a 30 minute time frame on
about 100 khz - a good standard!

With a rate of 4 QSOs per minute, there is about 5 seconds during each
moment of the QSO, moment 1 (pile-up), moment 2 (send report to call),
moment 3 get report from call, during these moments the SO2R operator is
jumping the focus of his attention from one radio to the other
(EZmaster+SO2R advanced mode controls this automatically).

Doing this procedure for 48 hours non stop, because a true SO2R operator is
always checking for calls in radio 2, requires a good sincronazation, and
for my personal taste the shift is the BEST for such an intense use, and
save the mazimum amount of energy possible.

The litle left finger can be dedicated to the shift key in the keyboard, to
drive the focus from radio1 into radio2 and vice-versa, that leaves you with
3left +4right fingers (not counting the thumbs), to write calls, without
moving your hands from the keyboard, to save energy, and also save
energy pushing your foot into the ground, because you always need to use
your hands.

It takes practice, a clear mind and a huge dose of concentration.
But the rewards are great!

BigQSos + BigMultipliers

73
José Nunes