[WT-support] Problems wit TNC-Multi.

Peter Kroehan Peter.Kroehan at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jul 12 09:57:02 CEST 2006

We want to start the WAEDX-Contest portable with the DX-Cluster via TNC. I
have got an TNC Multi and tried to connect to a packet cluster station.
Without success. The documentation says not much about handling. Testing the
TNC with the program PAXON there was no problem to connect to DB0FBB with
1k2 and than to DB0SUE-7. Using N1MM-Log or Win-Test 3.0.7 there was only an
PTT-Impulse to the transceiver, some leds were blinking announcing
datatransfere, but there was no response from the digipeater. The buttons
CON and BYE in the DX-Cluster-window are disabled. What is wrong and has to
be regarded? Is it the timing, PTT delay ? I use for first tests an FT-736R.
Are there special settings in the COM configuration? We tried
19200,8-n-1,Handshake. Has the WTDXtelnet to be started? Something with the
network dresses, or protocol? I have no idea. I am an newbie in this area.
PAXON gives me no Information about his special settings. A friend o mine
tried it at home with an old PACRAT-TNC and has without problems connect.
73 de Peter, DF2CH
Sorry for the poor English. Only 2 Years at school, 35 years ago.