[WT-support] DA0HQ and Win-Test 3.0.6-hq

Christian Janssen cjanssen at bndlg.de
Tue Jul 11 19:12:42 CEST 2006

Hello,

after a great weekend with DA0HQ and better condx than last year we also
had the possibility to test the new Win-Test 3.0.6-hq. Thank you very
much for providing this version for HQ-stations.

Anyway, some problems are listed afterwards observed at IARU HF Contest
2006 DA0HQ 15m CW Position (listed by DL6RAI and DL1MGB):

1) Multiplier display of HQ stations shows wrong callsigns. HQ
designators are fine and the band-by-band display is correct, but
UY0ZG is displayed on the line for AARA (should be ZA1A),
DL2VM as AARC (should be P40HQ),
DL5APW as IARU (should be NU1AW/8),
DL3AKI as REF (should be TM0HQ) etc.

See screenshot da0hq_hqmulti.jpg

2) Some suggestions for partner mode
a) remove callsigns from partner window when they are put in the log
    (otherwise you have to manually remove them all the time)
b) could the standard color scheme for new mults, new stations
    stations worked also be adopted in the partner window?
c) if you take a callsign from the partner window the doesn't check that
callsign

3) DA0HQ had an impressive network of 30 or so stations altogether.
Unfortunately after an hour into the contest We had to disable the
sync feature because traffic/CPU usage got too high on the server.

4) Somehow we managed to start the tunnel application twice which
lead to kind of looping problems. After loosing the internet connection
we closed the tunnel. wtTunnel.exe didn't show an icon in the taskbar
but still was running in the task manager. Not being aware of that fact
we started the tunnel again and had the tunnel running two times. We
suggest you modify that application to be aware of another instance of
the program running, probably by using a fixed port for the outgoing
connection. When that port is already in use, a new instance of
wttunnel.exe  cannot bind to it and will fail to start up properly.

5) wtTunnel should have an option that it restarts when a broken
internet connection is connected again

6) Allocation of yones of UA9 station often didn't match

7) We had the problem that calls where logged before the contest. In the
big network it wasn't possible to get rid of them when contest started.
So the rate window (Ctrl-F9) started on "Sunday". Actually we weren't
able to see the sunday rates because the rate window stopped at 24z.

Is it possible to tell WT when the rate window shall start (Enter
date/time...)  and for DXpedition mode to have a rate window longer than
48 hours?

8) I also prepared an objective file only for our station (15mCW). I
haven't found the option to show only the rate of 15m CW. So I had no
comparison to last year. Also after 12 hours I had no comparison at all
(see 7)).

That's it so far.

Vy 73s de Chris DL1MGB