[WT-support] EZMaster with FT1000D problem

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Jul 2 08:48:21 CEST 2006

Hi Marek,

> I have a problem with connection between Win-Test - EZMaster - FT1000D.
> The problem is that when I change a frequency on FT1000D then Win-Test
> doesn't see it. I know that cables are ok and parameters in comp are ok.
> Has someone the same problem or someone used this configuration???

I have made some tests with my EZMaster and an FT1000D radio simulator
this morning (I don't own this radio so I use a software which acts as a
real FT1000D radio simulating its protocol).

I can connect my simulator on either the RS232 or COM port of the
EZMaster. I don't have the wiring for testing with RADIO A and RADIO B
ports.

With both RS232 and COM ports, the frequency polling is working 100%. If
I change the frequency on the simulator, WT well displays it in the
Radio window. Entering a frequency in the callsign field is also working
as expected.

My conclusion is that everything is working fine with both RS232 and COM
ports through my EZMaster (at least on the software side). You should
try to connect an FT1000D interface on either the RS232 or the port to
check if you have the same successful result.

I have tested with EZM firmware 1.37. BTW, a friend of mine experienced
strange results with the firmware he got with his brand new EZM. He
downgraded to firmware v1.33 then installed again v1.37 and everything
was working fine that way! That should be an interesting things to try
on your side!

Best 73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn