[WT-support] Keying

Hans Johansson sm6bga at spray.se
Wed Jan 18 21:20:50 CET 2006

I have a problem with the keying of my rig from Win-test.
I am using the parallell port and a transistor interface.
Every 5th second the keying is halting. It sounds like a bad
contact, but it isn't! I have also checked the PTT pin and it goes
to 0 when the message begins but every 5th second it jumps up
to around 3 V. I suppose this pulse also appears on the key pin and
this causes the halting. I think this is a computer problem and not
a program problem, but how to correct it ? What can it be ? Any ideas ?
The computer is a Compaq Presario with 1.7 GHz Pentium 4 processor.

73 de Hans SM6BGA