[WT-support] COM port support in Win-Test

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Jan 2 13:36:12 CET 2006

Hi John

Tnx for your interest in WT.

g4irn at ntlworld.com a écrit :

> 1. Does Win-Test support the facility to press <enter> key  for both the exchange and the TU/QRZ in CW?

Not yet. The ESM mode should be supported in the next major version (3),
scheduled for... (hum hum) this year...!

> 2. Does Win-Test have a 'friends' facility where you type a callsign in the logging field and reference is made to your 'friends' file to show the station operator's name? (This is useful in DXpedition mode for remembering names of my club members)

No. To be honest, the DXPed modes are derived from the contest modes,
where this kind of feature is more or less useless. WT doesn't have all
the bells and whistles a real "everyday log software" can have. You can
also enter additionnal informations on a QSO by using the "Note" (Alt-N)
dialog. All notes are grouped in the .not file.

> 3. Is there a search facility on the reflector archives? (maybe I should be asking that first!)

Not on the reflector itself, but you can ask our commun friend Google
with a request like :

site:f5mzn.org "wt-support" cluster

Finally, you can use the trial version to test WT, downloadable here
(http://download.win-test.com/wt-2.22.0.exe), with all features. The
only limitations are the session time and the export log functions.