AW: [WT-support] Ideas and questions

Winter, Andreas andreas.winter at siemens.com
Mon Feb 13 19:28:11 CET 2006

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your quick answer!

>> Questions:
>> 1.) If I press Shift & F1 I often get into a cw cq loop - which I
cant
>> leave or I don't know how to leave - is this a bug or a feature?
>>
>> If it is a feature - how to use?
>
>What operating technique are you using (Menu Operating / Technique) ? I

>don't detect such a behaviour (but I'm not very familiar with Advanced
>SO2R which might be tricky). Check also that Tools / Autmmatic CQ
repeat
>is not engaged.

Automatic CQ repeat was not engaged. Operating Technique was SO1R.
By mistake / accident the Shift key was enabled, pressing F1 lead to a
randomly cq loop.
We couldn't stop it, only by closing WT. So we were a little surprised
But as this happened only when 'Shift' was pressed, it is least
importend.

>> 2.) Stop sending CW is sometimes not possible if I use the F-keys and

>> the keyboard mode. How is the "logic"?
>
>In keyboard mode, if the "buffer" contains several chracters to be
sent,
>the only way to stop is to close the Alt-K window (with Return or Esc),

>and then, press Esc to stop sending.

Ok, good to know. I was sometimes surprised and could not stop sending.
Would be nice to stop CW sending in Keyboard mode by pressing 'Escape',
but I don't want to be impolite with so many requests ...

>Can you be more specific on this issue with the F keys ? Again, the
>operating technique might be of importance.

Operating technique was SO1R. F-Keys - I will check again, the reason
might the buffer of the keyboard mode. (It happened in conjunction with
the keyboard mode.)

73!

Andy - DK4WA

P.S.: About Version 3: Will RTTY be included and available for WAE RTTY
in November 2006?