[WT-support] PACC-Problem

Carsten Möller DM9CM at web.de
Thu Feb 9 19:11:17 CET 2006

Dear wt-Team,

today i checked my rig for the PACC this weekend - and a heavy problem discovered:

(i tried this on three different PCs, two with WIN_XP_home_SP2, one with WIN_XP_home_SP1)

1. start wt, 2.25.0, german version

2. new/open (makes no difference)

3. "PACC", personell data, "single op", "PHONE", "LOW POWER", default rapport "59", [ENTER]

(--> at this point, with no additional window open, it's not possible to even type a callsign ... normal? OK!)

4. open windows "check multis", "score", "partial call" (my retranslation, i see only german window-names)

5. type "PA1A" or wich call ever, [SPACE], a short for provincies - i tried some (DR, FL, FR, GD, GR, LB, NB, NH, OV, UT, ZH, ZL)

6. hit [RETURN]

--> message in baseboard "*Error in Field*"

--> whatever i try next ([Alt+W], [ESC], [SPACE], [BACKSPACE], etc.), it appears a windows-message: "wt.exe discovered a problem and has to be closed ... send/don't send report ..." and wt is shut down and gone!

--> sometimes you can log one or two calls before it happens ...

--> no difference between trial- and licensed-version

Save my weekend! HELP!!! ;o)

73 de Carsten DM9CM