[WT-support] Ez-master+WT Problem report

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Feb 5 17:08:54 CET 2006

HRS I4UFH wrote:
>>My mistake! Everything goes OK as soon as one doesn't use WinKey!
>>
>>With firmware v 1.35, the Scenarios work OK either with or without
>>WinKey. With firmware v 1.36, the scenarios work OK using the Win-Test
>>integrated keyer, but don't work anymore when CW generation is done with
>>the EZM integrated WinKey.
>>
>>So, this fully confirm the OH4JFN and G3BJ reports! :-)
>

> How does the scenarios setting interfere with CW generation ??
>
> Well this seem that the problem still is in WK setting, this could help to
> isolate the problem

Actually not. I made more investigations on my side and I found another
way to get the problem, without WinKey:

With the Win-Key internal CW keyer, send any scenario message. The
scenario works OK. Now, press the foot switch: the audio immediatly
switches to both ears on the active radio.

Same happens actually with WinKey. Running Win-Test step by step in my
debugger with the scenario: $R2$R2 CQ

$R2R2: works OK, the audio is well switched to both ears on secondary
radio. But, as soon as Win-Test sends the "C" letter of CQ to the
WinKey, the PTT goes ON and then the audio is switched back to both ears
on primary radio by EZMaster.

So, all of these reports allow to conclude that the scenarios are
actually working well but only for a very few ms because the PTT events
in the EZMaster always get audio switched back to both ears on the
primary (active) radio.

HTH Fabio!

Olivier / f5mzn