[WT-support] Cabrillo Importing

Joerg Tack df7th at gmx.net
Mon Dec 11 19:35:18 CET 2006

Hello together,

as the (WINTEST-admin) member of the XF4DL expedition I planned to give some feedback based on our experience with the DXpedition usage.

Among other things (I will address in separate postings)

"Importing partial LOGs from another PC / different operating site"

was one topic.

If I understood Werner correctly this thread seems to address exactly the same issue.

There have been three scenarios for it:

1)
Importing a WINTEST-LOG from a PC wich was initially used standalone
and could for technical reasons not brought into the WINTEST network.

2)
Import LOGs from other (RTTY-) Logging SW
(WINTEST 3.45 had a problem starting the MTTY engine)

3)
Importing WINTEST-LOGs from a 2nd operating site.

Although we had LOG converter available we didn't succeed as - I think - the CABRILLO FORMAT doesn't natively support WARC bands and we didn't know what we might do to overcome this.

An adaptation would have been possible if we just had known what to enter in the CABRILLO file for the WARC bands.
(We had source code and the SW-tools to adapt it available.)

Bottom line:

I support any solution within WT allowing a reasonable export & (re-)import for the DXpedition mode.

Being able to export the same file format as you can import would be a _NICE_ feature for DXpeditions.

73, Joe
- DF7TH -