[WT-support] FT1000 Frequency problem

Pete Michaelis - N8TR n8tr at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 4 05:01:36 CET 2006

At 06:40 PM 12/3/2006, you wrote:

>I don't own a FT1000, so I can't reproduce your problem, and not
>involved in the radios coding, but I'd like to be sure I understand
>what's wrong.
>
>1/ You say you were using a FT1000 MP *and* a FT1000. Was it a SO2R
>configuration ? Or did you tested them separately ?

I first noticed the problem with the FT1000 in the SO2R configuration; the
FT1000MP worked as it should.  I then verified that it was just a FT1000
problem by testing them separately (SO1R).  Win-Test worked as it should with
the FT1000MP but I had the problems described with the FT1000.

>2/ From what I understand, the "VFO display" on the upper part of
>the radio bandmap was always correct (does this display follow when
>you're tuning your radio ?), but the recorded freq of the entered
>QSO wasn't correct. And if you entered a spot (Ctrl-Enter) the freq
>was not also the one displayed on the bandmap ??? What if you do an
>Alt-F3 to send a spot to the cluster ? Was the freq correct ? (You
>can try and cancel the sending if you want)
>
>Please cfm these assumptions to ease bug investigation.

The frequency display at the top of the Band Map does correctly follow  the
FT1000 as it is tuned.  Entering a call with Ctrl-Enter always places it at the
frequency of the last "grabbed" spot.  Alt-F3 shows the same frequency.  If no
spot was "grabbed" the call entered with Ctrl-Enter does not seem to appear
at all.  Alt-F3 shows the lowest frequency on the band (7000,14000 etc).
The recorded frequency of an entered QSO exhibits the same behavior.
(last grabbed spot frequency or base band frequency if no spot grabbed)

Thank you very much for looking into this odd problem.

73 Pete - N8TR