[WT-support] Using the game port

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Mon Dec 4 01:30:19 CET 2006

Hello lads!

I got an idea when trying to sleep. As Oliver has written earlier there
are not enough inputs on the LPT port to use for such things as a
footswitch etc. What about using the game port? I wrote a little
software to control Winamp once with the game port to change the volume
and change the tracks. It's as easy to interface as the LPT port and you
have four inputs that are logical while you have four inputs that are
analogue.

Not all computers have Game Ports but not all does have LPT ports
nowadays either. Most sound cards you buy has got a game port though and
there are USB-interfaces that could be used as a virtual game port.

Couldn't there be an option to use a game port for input for different
stuff in Win-Test? Like for example selecting the second radio window
(like with EZ-Master), to open the Keyboard send dialog as Tonno
suggested etc.

/Mike (SM3WMV / SM3W / SJ3A)