[WT-support] FT1000 Frequency problem

Pete Michaelis - N8TR n8tr at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 3 21:44:15 CET 2006

Hello,

I am a new user of Win-Test after many years contesting with CT.
I used it this weekend in the ARRL 160 meter contest.  With my
FT1000MP everything worked as  I expected.   However, when
using my FT1000, I found that the frequency of a logged call, or
a call spotted to the cluster (Alt F3), or a call sent to the band map
(Ctrl Enter) was not the frequency  shown at the top of the Band Map
and did not appear in the Band Map at the right location.  Rather the
frequency used was that of the last spot I "grabbed"  (double clicked)
in the Band Map or Alt A window.  Also the set run frequency function
(Alt F5) did not work.  It too was set to the last grabbed spot frequency.
The frequency at the top of the Band Map and that of the arrow in the
Band Map were correct so the software was reading the FT1000 OK
and grabbing a spot did set the FT1000 to the correct frequency.

I was using the latest version of the program 3.7.0 so that
I assume this may be a program bug specific to the FT1000 ??
If not, what else could cause this behavior?

73 Pete - N8TR