[WT-support]

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Dec 3 14:47:51 CET 2006

Hi Filipe

Filipe Lopes a écrit :

> I just remembered something that usually happened in CQWWCW.
>
> When I worked a US station the zone would appear all the time 05 using
> exchange guessing. Only sometimes it would guess that one guy is from
> zone 03.
> So almost all the qso's with zone 4 and 3 guys I had to correct them
> during the qso.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> Did I do anything wrong?

You certainly used the CTY.DAT or CTY_WT.DAT country files which
consider all US stations from zone 5 (except some of them which are
mentionned in the file). To get a (sometimes wrong) default zone
depending on the digit in the US callsign, you have to use the
CTY_WT_MOD.DAT (maintained by Mike F5IN).

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Data_files