[WT-support] support help me

Rudolf Schwenger Rudolf.Schwenger at t-online.de
Fri Dec 1 23:30:03 CET 2006

Hi Jorge,

sri, can't help you with ezmaster. I don't even know what it is good for.

However I do have considerable experience with WT and the IC-781.

(1) ICOM is 1.200 Baud 8n1
(2) In my case - for some reason or other which I don't really understand -
I have to use the *USER* setting in the CI-V remote control menue of the
IC-781. It will not work with the Default setting, even if the entries are
identical to those in the USER setting, hi. The settings are

26H
1200
ON
----

In the options menue of WT you have to configure the ports. In my case -
using the virtual ports generated by the USB driver of the microHAM
microKEYER - I use port number 5 for radio control and port number 8 for the
winkeyer. Of course port number 5 then has to be configured to 1200 8N1 and
set to RADIO. You also need to put in "IC-781" in the lower left corner of
the menue and you have to tick "CI-V". If you want to use Telnet for
DX-cluster-info, you also have to tick "activate Ethernet" in this menue and
put in as address 127.255.255.255 and put 9871 as port-number.

Of course you have to make a contact between the "remote" jack at the rear
of the IC-781 and the microKeyer cable.

I think that's just about all you have to do. In my case there is no problem
at all to read the mode (CW/SSB) and the exact qrg from the IC-781 to WT and
irrespective of whether you change bands manually by pressing the
appropriate band key at the IC-781 or by inputting a frequency into the call
entry field in WT or by using the band up resp. band down buttoms in WT it
always works flwlessly and without any noticeable delay.

Wish you good luck,

vy 73 de Rudolf, DJ3WE