[WT-support] LPT keying and Windows XP - again

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Dec 1 17:07:04 CET 2006

Hi Jan

SM7NDX, Jan Eliasson a écrit :

> I have searched the mailing list for a complete answer but no success. I
> can´t get the LPT keying to work.
>
> I am running W-T 3.6.2 and Windows XP. I just installed a Parallel card
> (VSCom PCI-1284) in the computer. There is no onboard card.
>
> I have installed port95nt.exe, but what to do next with it? Start C++ PortIO
> before W-T?

The port95nt utility is supposed is be "plug'n play". It means you just
have to start it. It will install system DLLs and such for direct
hardware driving from WT. AFAIK (but I may be wrong), once installed,
nothing more is required.

> The address of the LPT is E400. Enable or disable IRQ? Port type?

I suspect you will get a problem here because WT relies on "low" LPT
addresses and may reject your E400 address. We will have to check that.

HTH