[WT-support] IOTA reflections

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at lhv.ee
Tue Aug 1 00:28:11 CEST 2006

Some things I noticed/missed agn this time.

1. Firstly I of course support the need for more CW messages again. Completely agree with F6IRF. Shortcuts for additional messages would do the job also. adding F8-F12 and taking those present things elsewhere even better. However is easier..

2. The ECS bug with Auto Sending is making it very cumbersome. E.g. whenever you terminate your Automatic CQ with ESC (and that happens often when you run 1.8 sec pauses) the Auto Send does not start. Thus you can't get used to rythm at all. That should be easy to fix? It would be good to be able to terminate Autosending of course somehow when you get a long call or for other reasons. Maybe a shortcut? Or two times ESC??(just a wild idea)

Also true about S&P - no need for AUTO SEND there:) It is a good idea to have QSY terminate the AUTO SENDING and F1 switch it back on. It would be really fantastic to have it this way, don't know if doable...

3. How am I supposed to use $CR in SSB? I can not write it into messages. Only in Scenarios and it does not seem to work in scenarios. No Enter gets activated when I wrote it in there... Thus can't make a QUICK QSL KEY in SSB other than PLUS that is not modifiable.

4. As I mentioned before very hard to operate SSB SO2R now when AUTO CQ does not stop after sending SHIFT message to second Radio. Any change in ACTIVE RADIO or message transmitted anywhere or push of a pedal or paddle should cut the AUTO CQ. I was struggling hard this weekend.

5. Another problem I see a few times every contest with MP+EZM+any version of WT is that the band on WT does not change when I change band from MP. Just freezes. And it is not easy to get it reacting again. I have tried to change bands back and force on MP and on WT, have tried to click on bandmap, etc. Still not sure what causes it and what cures. Lost another 5 minutes this time on 2 occasions. Worthwhile to note is that when I switch the band at that moment from WT with ALT F1 or ALT F2 then the reading changes back to the old band after about 1 second although the MP is on new band. This is a strange thing and have other MP users never seen this?

6. In IOTA it was difficult to see if mult was needed on other bands as the Mult window was showing countries instead and looking it up from IOTA window was not a viable option. This way had very little QSY-s and weak multiplier count:)

good night es 73
tonno
es5tv