[WT-support] WPX Observations

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Apr 1 18:20:22 CEST 2006

Hi -

> I was using Win-test during WPX again. Nice experience again. Thanks for
> the WT team!
> I made couple of observations:
>
> Issue 1:
> If you work split and put B-radio RX on e.g 7162 (A-vfo) and TX 7040
> (b-vfo). When going to activate B-radio with *-key vfos was swapped just
> opposite so that B vfo was 7162 and A vfo was 7040.
> I was using two ft1000mp radios and ez-master. Anyone observed this?

I can not have the same result here with my radio simulator. I've got
radio B with :

	- vfo A 7162 (RX)
	- vfo B 7040 (TX)
	- active radio : A

When I switch from radio A to radio B with *-key, radio B is still OK.

There is only one problem I have seen: entering a split frequency with
the "-" key always set the RX frequency onto vfo B. That is not correct
but not quite impossible to fix without a real radio.

> Issue 2:
> When using scenarios: Start TX to radio A. Audio will be switched  to
> radio B. Hit ESC to cancel transmission. Audio will stay on B radio
> instead of getting back Radio A.

I have to check that. I didn't note this problem the last time I
operated SO2R with my EZM. I guess you have the last firmware in your EZM?

Are all scenarios affected by this problem?

> I just thought that would it be working principle that if stopping
> message with ESC RX will be focused to that radio which was sending
> before starting new message.

That sounds logical to me as well.

> Issue 3:
> Problems with latch mode. What I would like to have is that when using
> scenarios I would always have latch enabled so that when using
> footswitch to start Radio A TX, my RX will be switched to radio B.

Please confirm that when latch mode is enabled, that works as expected
for you?

If so, what about providing a $LATCH variable?

73,
Olivier / f5mzn