[WT-support] Re: RIT reset

Ed Taylor, G3SQX g3sqx at EdTaylor.org
Mon Sep 26 15:06:27 CEST 2005

Teemu, SM0WKA a écrit :

> Is there any function that resets the transceivers RIT when logging a
> QSO (pressing the + key)?

et Larry, F6FVY a répondu :

> there is not such a function / variable. The main issue being
> that some TRX don't have such a command in their CAT set

An extension to this request, which would be universally useful, is to
provide a general command that can "talk" to the transceiver.  For example,
using the Kenwood-style interface:

&FA00007010000;

would set VFO A frequency to 7.01MHz,

and:

&RC;

would clear the RIT.

I assume that the prefix "&" within a CW message tells Win-test that this
command is not to be sent to the keyer, but to the transceiver.  A function
key (or "+" / "Ins") might contain the "&" command alone, or might contain a
CW message as well.  So, if you set your "+" key definition to:

$CORRECT TU $MYCALL $CR &RC;

the RIT on you Kenwood rig would be set to zero when you press "+"

Codes for most transceivers are contained in the User Manuals.

You could program some of the main or additional CW messages to do other
things, such as change frequency or re-call memories.  Of course, there is
also a possibility to do disastrous things, which would be the
responsibility of the user!  I imagine that this would be a fairly easy
change in the software.

73,

Ed, G3SQX