[WT-support] Wintest in WAEDC (from EU)

Ben DL6RAI wintest at dl6rai.muc.de
Wed Sep 14 00:21:42 CEST 2005

Hello Oliver & Laurent:

We used WT 2.19.7 at DL0CS last weekend for WAEDC SSB. Conditions were
really awful and so I had time to make some notes.

First of all, and not surprisingly, WT worked very well also in that
northerly environment, without trouble.

1) We found out that you can change the time in the empty callsign
   field using Alt-F. When you do so, the next QSO logged will have
   the wrong time. I propose to limit Alt-F only to QSOs already
   logged.
2) I would love to see Shift-TAB go backwards in the QTC entry mask.
3) I would appreciate if the popup window "Cancellation confirmation..."
   would only come up when data in the QTC window has actually
   changed. Pressing Alt-L inadvertedly or only for informal reasons
   (read/only) should allow it to close by pressing Alt-L again.
4) Why is sending QTCs bound to ctrl-L on the DX side, while
   receiving QTCs is bound to Alt-L?
5) The alarm messages just below the QSO entry field are a little
   inconsistent. One talks about country while the other about
   prefix.

   * DX 3798.0 VK6LK (new country) *    <--- DX spot received
   * New prefix, QTC needed: 10 *       <--- Checking Call with space bar

   In WAE we have countries plus call areas. "Prefix" is
   not exactly correct. Maybe "new mult" would be neutral enough.
   But then in some contests there are double mults...

All of these items are not very important nor are they time-critical
issues. WAEDC CW 2006 is still a long way to go. But maybe you
can put them on the list of things to look into occasionally.

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--
DL6RAI