[WT-support] Reg1Test file error

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Sep 7 21:47:20 CEST 2005

Andrzej/Andy Pajak (SP7NJX) wrote:
> Hello Olivier
>
> I found an error in REG1TEST file generated from IARU VHF contest. In QSO
> record specification on fourth place there should be Mode Code. In file
> generated by WT (even 2.19.7) there is NULL(empty) value between ;;
>
> One line from the EDI file for example:
>
> 050903;1412;SP1HLE;;59;003;59;002;;JO73KD;174;;N;N;

Hi Andrzej,

According to the REG1TEST specifications, this is not a bug but a
feature :) because this information is not necessary for the IARU VHF
contest:

"If the mode is not important it can be left blank, i.e. not stated in
rules/invitation."

And later in the specs:

"If a contest log program can not fill in all the information, the
missing information can be left blank, except if information is needed
for claiming/calculating scores, e.g. log program cannot identify WWLs,
DXCCs etc. If the information is required for the scores this log
program can not be used for this particular contest anyway."

Olivier / f5mzn