[WT-support] Super Check Partial Files for WT

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Oct 17 11:58:52 CEST 2005

Hi Val

Tnx for your interest in Win-Test

Valdas Bieliauskas a écrit :

> Was wondering how does the call sign database in WT is updated. Can WT use
> K5ZD super check partial files in any way?

The WT databases differ from usual SCP files, because our files (.DTB)
do also include exchange informations if it applies for the concerned
contest. It is not only a "callsign list" (like the SCP files).

Thus, the SCP files can't be used DIRECTLY by Win-Test.

There is no direct tool to convert SCP files to WT (assuming you get rid
of the exchange), *but* you can easily do it in two steps :

1/ Convert the SCP file in a text file (a list of the callsigns included
in the SCP file). Use the VE3NEA MEdit
(http://www.netvampire.com/ham/Files/MEdit.zip) freeware to do it.

2/ Now, we have to convert this text list (one callsign per line) in a
.DTB compatible file (still assuming you will not have any exchange
information). To do that, I use the GNU gawk utility (which is Open
Source and free) and wrote a few lines script (I named txt2dtb.awk) :

{
   if ($0) {
     if ($0 ~ /^#/) {}
     else {
       $1 = substr((toupper($1) "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"),1,14)
       $2 = substr((toupper($2) "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"),1,12)
       printf("%14s%12s",$1,$2)
     }
   }
}

The usage is :

gawk -f txt2dtb.awk file_in.txt > file_out.dtb

You can even have comments (starting with the # char) in your list .txt
file. These lines will then be ignored during the conversion.