[WT-support] CQ WW CW 2005

Stewart GM4AFF gm4aff at qsl.net
Tue Nov 29 20:33:02 CET 2005

Hi guys,
I enjoyed the contest this year, for a change. I used Win-Test 2.20 and I
had no problems, other than one strange freeze but that was probably a
Microsoft thing. I now wish I had set up targets and also dealt with the new
check-partial database. I didn't realise that the zones were included in the
new file, so I spent the entire contest entering the W/K zones (even though
I know they're not actually checked unless they provide a new zone mult by
the committee).

I do have one or two requests.
1. I could not find a way of stopping the automatic sending of QSO B4 when I
was running, caught a dupe and using INS to send, other than noticing that
it was a dupe, pressing Esc and using F2. I am from the
'work-everyone-dupe-or-not' school. After all, if he is calling me it means
I might not be in his log. And if I'm not in his log I don't get the points.
I tried different combinations of CW Correction, etc. but it made no
difference.

2. If I did not copy a call correctly (nearly all the time on Sunday!) I
want to use F5 to send the corrected call followed immediately by F3 (TU
GM0F). To do this a space must be insterted between the two strings, so I
inserted a space after the F5 text. However, when I want to use F5 (when I
have a partly copied call in the callsign field) followed immediately by a
'?' (F7 for me) I end up with a hesitation (space) before the '?'. This
means that the other guy will immediately think I have only sent part of his
call and I will then miss (again) his full callsign. I realise there are a
number of ways of asking for a caller to send his call again, but I like to
hit F5 + F7 'cos it's easy. I just don't want the space there when I am
doing that! Hope you understand ?

Otherwise well done, from my point of view.
73
Stewart
GM4AFF/GM0F
www.gm4aff.net